Job Title: Warehouse Associate (Stack Off) – 2nd Shift
Department: Shipping and Receiving
Reports To: Inventory Control Manager
Pay Rate: $13.50/hr plus $1.50/hr shift premium
Level 1 may include titles of Receiving Dock Operator, Shipping Separator Machine Operator, Forklift Operator and Weight Room Stacker. Shipping and Receiving Level 1 positions will be assigned under the general supervision of the Supervisor and the Gray Hat to perform essential duties and responsibilities and other assigned tasks to support Shipping and Receiving department operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able or willing to operate pallet jack, sit-down lift truck, and or stand-up lift truck used in department
- Work in an atmosphere ranging from 40˚F to -40˚F
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Conduct operations in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform other tasks as assigned to support Shipping and Receiving operations
- cold ambient temperature
- Must operate power equipment /pallet jack
- Must be able to lift at lease 50lbs coastally during the day
- Must be able to down stack from conveyor to pallet
- Job is standing, bending and lifting throughout the day
- Work pace is extremely fast at times
Receiving Dock Operator:
- Assist in receiving inbound raw materials
- Assist unloading inbound shipments in a safe and efficient manner
- Inspect and document inbound shipments on Receiving Log:
- Verify Purchase Order number on bill of lading
- Verify Seal number on truck matches seal on bill of lading
- Perform trailer inspection for foul odor, condensation, evidence of pest activity, standing water, and excessive trash or debris
- Verify product count matches with bill of lading
- Receive, log, and deliver parcel packages
- Keep Box Room stocked and prepare daily physical inventory
- On a daily basis, use high pressure water hose and/or walk behind floor scrubber to maintain Receiving Dock floor clean
Shipping Separator and Machine Operator:
- Operate separator machine while standing on 12” platform, which tilts pallet to facilitate removal of separators
- Must pull separators from 90 – 100 pallets per day.
- Inspect and document outbound shipments on Shipping Log
- Perform trailer inspections for foul odor, condensation, evidence of pest activity, standing water, and excessive trash or debris and record on Shipping Log
- Load outbound shipments in a safe and efficient manner
- During the loading process inspect pallets for damaged and exposed product
- Prepare shipping containers for over-night shipments
- On a daily basis, use high pressure water hose and/or walk behind floor scrubber to maintain Shipping Dock floor clean
Weight Room Stacker:
- Must be able to differentiate and sort product by labels
- Manually palletize from 90 to 100 pallets of various product per day ranging in weight from 10 to 75 pounds
- Palletize cases on pallets according to pallet Tie and High
- Using both hands, apply stretch-wrap to completed pallets
- Learn basic operation of scales and hand-held scanners
- On a daily basis, use high pressure water hose and/or walk behind floor scrubber to maintain Weight Room floor clean
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to maintain concentration while performing tasks over period of time.
- Ability to coordinate actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Documented good safety and attendance record.
- Demonstrated commitment to the GMP’s.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Regular attendance at work and punctuality are essential job functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalence certificate preferred, but may be substituted by work experience
Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
Position interacts with internal and external customers.
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
This position requires satisfactory completion of lift truck certification training program within 90 days of hire to operate pallet jack, sit-down, and stand-up lift trucks used in department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Dock Worker Separator Machine Operator
- Required to stand 3 hours at a time before getting a 30 minute break
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Perform physical activities that require moving one’s whole body such as lifting, bending, stooping, and twisting from waist
- Quickly make coordinated movement to grasp and manipulate boxes
- Required to reach at or below shoulder level
- Ability to use both hands to grasp cases from conveyor and place on pallet
- Ability to perform tasks in temperatures of 32˚F to -40˚F
- Ability to focus over a period of time while performing a task
These fulltime positions generally work five 8 hours shifts per week with minimal overtime required. Travel is not required for this position.
Works 100% of time in climate controlled warehouse environment of 32˚F to 40˚F and required to move product into blast freezer (-10˚F to -40˚F) throughout the shift. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.