Job Title: Supply Room Inventory Clerk 1st Shift
Back up position: Purchasing Supervisor
Reports To: Purchasing Supervisor
Assigned under the general supervision of the Purchasing Supervisor to maintain supplies for production employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Hanging, stacking, arranging and organization of supplies within Supply Room.
• Move empty laundry bins from Supply Room to the metal outbuilding outside entrance.
• Pass out smocks, gloves, hair nets and other PPE items to production employees.
• Creates Purchase Orders and orders PPE items from vendors on a weekly and as needed basis to keep Supply Room and Box Room sufficiently stocked with production items.
• Communicates with vendors regarding status of incomplete orders via phone and/or email.
• Receives supply orders from vendors and matches the purchase order against the items received. Normal supply items received will consist of jackets, smocks, sleeves, squeegees, mops, boots, hair nets, beard nets, gloves, knives, etc.
• Responsible for issuing all supplies, located in the Supply Room stored on high shelves, to the production employees. This requires the clerk to reach overhead and use force to move the boxes from overhead shelves to the floor.
• Responsible for counting daily inventory of supplies.
• Performs other duties as assigned. May be required to “fill-in” for other positions as needed.
• Order miscellaneous production items as requested.
• Manage inventory, reorder and report stored items inventory in the Supply Room and Box room.
• Work with uniform company to keep smocks supplied.
• Manages and records daily usage of smocks, gloves, aprons, and other PPE items.
• Ensures all PPE is up to Quality Assurance standards and approved to use in Production.
• Receive & Issue out employee purchased jackets, etc., and ensure proper paperwork gets to HR.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be punctually able to work the prescribed hours; 1st shift (5:30am-2:00pm)
• Must be able to work on weekends as needed
• Must be skilled with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• Ability to maintain concentration while performing tasks over periods of time with distractions.
• Ability to coordinate actions in relation to others’ actions.
• Know how to collect and identify essential information.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
• Documented history of safe work practices.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and get along with supervisors and co-workers.
• Regular attendance at work and punctuality are essential job functions. Zero overtime unless approved prior.
• Must be able to deal with job stress
• Must be able to work in a safe manner, be considerate of other employees’ safety, and wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Must know the proper method to manually lift heavy objects – i.e. bend at your knees, lift with your legs – not your back.
• Must be able to work and communicate effectively and professionally with suppliers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or High School Equivalence Certificate.
Ability to read, write and communicate in English is necessary for this position. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not mandatory.
Communicates with internal and external customers to resolve all issues or problems which require resourcefulness, tact and discretion. Applies broad knowledge of products and services when communicating with individuals outside the immediate work area/department.
Works with significant deadlines that can result in a disruption to projects, service or products that impact operational cost and/or revenue. Must be able to perform basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages with the use of a calculator.
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: N/A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires a full range of body motion to include walking, kneeling, crouching, lifting, twisting, bending, stooping, climbing, reaching outward, reaching upward, pushing, and pulling.
• Required to stand up to 7.5 hours per day.
• Required to perform essential duties for up to three (3) hours before taking a thirty (30) minute break (lunch).
• The ability to maintain one’s balance while performing the required work tasks is essential.
• Works at shoulder high counter with arms extended above shoulder level.
• Must be able to repetitively lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
• Must be able to use both hands to grasp and hold boxes of supplies.
• Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
• Requires hand and finger dexterity.
• Focus and concentration are required in order to perform assigned duties.
• Must be able to take and receive directions/instructions and carry them through to completion.
Full time regular position that works Monday through Friday, generally 8 hours per day, with minimal overtime (overtime required when production works weekends). Travel is not required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The office environment is typically climate controlled of 680F to 720F and clean, with normal air contaminants, such as dust, typically found in an office environment. The indoor production environment is climate-controlled environment of 400F to 450F with regular exposure to prolonged noise. While in the production area, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include hair and beard nets, rubber soled shoes, smocks, hearing protection and hard hats.