Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports To: General Accounting Manager
Revised: Jan, 2020
Under the direction of the General Accounting Manager is responsible for a wide range of accounting functions including monthly balance sheet reconciliations and timely completion of monthly financial statements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to company and US GAAP accounting policies / principles.
- Timely and accurate monthly closings. Responsible for assisting to the timely and quality completion of financial statements each month. Submit timely, complete and high-quality reporting to upper management.
- Maintain accurate monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, with timely processing of reconciling items.
- Maintain strong internal controls and implement fast improvements.
- Develop and sustain management reporting including asset aging, turns, account balance roll forwards, account analyses, etc.
- Maintain and, where necessary, strengthen internal controls over the safeguarding of company assets within Operations.
- Assist in providing timely and quality documentation to external auditors and selected governmental requests and filings.
- Prepare GP Analysis report
- Prepare CLIP file/report
- Enter new product pricing in Adage and troubleshoot discrepancies for Sales Orders
- Back up for daily activity in Cost Accounting and Accounts Receivable
- Prepare Credit Reporting for approval of Director of Finance and Chief Operating Officer
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- 4-year degree with major in Accounting.
- Progressively increased responsibilities in general accounting over 2 to 3 years, in a manufacturing industry or public accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and initiate speedy corrective changes in general accounting and reporting systems.
- Successfully perform duties with modest direction or guidance; can be self-directed.
- Ability to influence cross-functional middle managers.
- MS Excel proficiency (intermediate to advanced level).
- Experience in continuous improvement in accounting and reporting systems and procedures.
- CPA Preferred but not required.
- Public Accounting auditing experience with large regional or national
firm a plus.
Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
Communicate with internal and external customers to resolve all issues or problems which require resourcefulness, tact and discretion. Applies broad knowledge of products and services when communicating with individuals outside the immediate work area/department.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems.
MS Office Products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
Experience with a fully integrated ERP/MRP software package
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May require unassisted lifting for a variety of objects from various positions which range up to 35 pounds. Weights above 50 pounds require assistance or medical device.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works inside in a climate-controlled office environment.