Job Title: Software System Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director of Corporate IT
Back up: Sr Business Systems Analyst
Pay Rate: $60,000.00/year to $74,000.00/year
Assigned under the general supervision of the Director of Corporate IT to build, configure, implement, and maintain IT related computer systems in the office and production plant area to satisfy company and end-user requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Build, configure, implement, and maintain IT related computer systems including but not limited to: servers, databases, data collection devices, networking equipment, handheld barcode scanners, and barcode printers.
• Manage the ERP/EDI/WMS/Sales Reporting systems on a daily basis.
• Deploy, upgrade, and configure applications throughout the business.
• Database knowledge and programming in SQL and PowerBI reporting is essential.
• Writing SQL knowledge along with excellent reporting skills using PowerBI.
• Create and configure tools to proactively monitor IT systems to reduce risk and help eliminate unscheduled downtime.
• Provide a high level of customer service, proven ability to pay attention to details, and proven dependability.
• Monitor and tune systems to achieve optimum performance levels; provide performance statistics and reports.
• Prioritize and respond to issues as appropriate.
• Assist in the development of Key IT Metrics to help show value to other business units.
• Assist in the configuration and maintenance of company security and systems.
• Proactively manage the software budget and renewals.
• Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to coordinate actions in relation to others’ actions.
• Mentor other staff members on industry standards and corresponding technologies.
• Know how to collect and identify essential information.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team-based environment.
• Possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to convey technical information in a clear, concise and logical manner.
• Scripting skills and understanding of programming technologies a plus.
• Must be team oriented.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field required, or equivalent and/or related work experience with compatible responsibility.
• Database management experience a plus
• Experience using PowerBI Desktop
• Experience with EasyMorph
Ability to read, write and communicate in English and Spanish is helpful, but not required.
Communicate with internal and external customers to resolve all issues or problems which require resourcefulness, tact and discretion. Applies broad knowledge of products and services when communicating with individuals outside the immediate work area/department.
Work with significant deadlines that can result in a disruption to projects, service or products that impact operational cost and/or revenue.
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: N/A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Full time regular position that works Monday through Friday, generally 8 hours per day, with minimal overtime. Travel is not required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The office environment is typically climate controlled of 68ºF to 72ºF and clean, with normal air contaminants, such as dust, typically found in an office environment
• The indoor production environment is climate-controlled of -40ºF to 45ºF with regular exposure to prolonged noise
• While in the production area, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include hair and beard nets, rubber soled shoes, smocks, hearing protection and hard hats.