Job Title: Sanitation Equipment Cleaner – 3rd Shift
Reports To: Sanitation Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly
Assigned under the general supervision of the Sanitation Supervisor and is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing processing area and equipment in accordance with HACCP and USDA guidelines. Other titles may include Equipment Cleaner Raw Side and Equipment Cleaner Ovens Fully Cooked.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean and sanitize production equipment ovens on the fully cooked side.
- Perform other tasks cleaning simple equipment as assigned to ensure facility and equipment is clean and sanitized
- May be required to mix chemicals
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to maintain concentration while performing tasks over period of time.
- Ability to coordinate actions in relation to others’ actions.
Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
Position interacts with internal and external customers.
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able lift 50 lbs unassisted
- Exerts muscle force repeatedly over long period of time
- Performs physical activities that require moving one’s whole body, such as lifting, bending, stooping, twisting
- Must be able to grasp, hold, twist objects using one or both hands
- Is able to see details at close range or at a distance
- Walks/stands on even concrete flooring which may at times be wet or slippery
- May be required to work up to 4 hours at time before getting a break
Full time regular position that works Monday through Friday, generally 8 hours per day, with minimal overtime.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The office environment is typically climate controlled of 68ºF to 72ºF and clean, with normal air contaminants, such as dust, typically found in an office environment
- The indoor production environment is climate-controlled of -40ºF to 45ºF with regular exposure to prolonged noise
- While in the production area, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include hair and beard nets, rubber soled shoes, smocks, hearing protection and hard hats.