Job Title: Refrigeration Mechanic
Reports To: PSM Refrigeration Manager
FLSA Status: Non Exempt Hourly
Under the general supervision of the PSM Refrigeration Manager performs a variety of complex technical duties. Locates and diagnoses complex refrigeration equipment failures. Installs new refrigeration systems for incorporation into existing equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, maintains new and/or existing boilers & refrigeration equipment while following applicable safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Diagnoses and repairs boilers and refrigeration equipment /systems using schematics and visual observation
- Use hand held temperature probe to conduct temperature checks at least once/shift/day to verify computer readings
- Inspects all refrigeration equipment to ensure operation within specified range
- Daily inspection of high and low pressure boilers
- Manually records reading from daily rounds
- Able to assist or perform PM’s using SOP’s, LOTO, and M-Pulse Printouts
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager
- Must have experience dealing with Ammonia/Refrigeration, Hazardous Materials, and PSM
- Assists in conducting and participating in corporate and outside agency audits
- Conduct PSM audits and assure abatement of noncompliance items
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to maintain concentration while performing tasks over period of time.
- Ability to coordinate actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Know how to collect and identify essential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally with others.
- Knowledge of all elements of electricity/refrigeration
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and repairs hydraulics and pneumatic equipment
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and repairs on all plant equipment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or High School Equivalence Certificate preferred. 4+ years’ experience in a manufacturing refrigeration maintenance environment.
Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
Communicates with internal and external customers to resolve all issues or problems which require resourcefulness, tact and discretion. Applies
Knowledge of products and services when communicating with individuals outside the immediate work area/department.
Must be able to do basic math calculations.
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Level 1 RETA, Level 2 RETA, and Level 3 RETA Certifications or equivalent training and have qualified in Hazmat/Confined space training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uses both hands to perform necessary repairs and installations
- Must be able to crawl, squat, kneel, and bend from waist
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must be able to distinguish colors to safely identify electrical wiring
- Stands/walks on even concrete floors
- Able to work in extreme temperatures
- Able to lift 50-70lbs. unassisted
Able to work assigned shift(s) work frequent overtime. Must be on call for 24/7 emergencies. Travel not required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Works inside in temperature controlled environment and outside in all weather conditions. May be exposed to high pitched electrical noise and high temperatures of more than 100 degrees.