Job Title: Quality Control Supply Coordinator
Back up Position: Food Safety Specialist
Reports To: QA Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Provide support to manufacturing, purchasing, and QA through inspection, testing, auditing, and documentation of incoming material for conformance to product and purchasing specifications, as well as compliance with USDA and GMP regulations. Must be able to fulfill the duties of the Food Safety Specialist and assist QA Supervisor when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
Performs timely inspections, and auditing of incoming materials using mechanical measuring equipment to ensure conformance to NSP specifications and regulatory requirements.
· Creates Inspection Records to document the outcome of the inspection.
· Communicates significant issues identified during inspection.
· Monitors testing procedures to ensure that all tests are performed according to established item specifications, standard test methods, and protocols
· Implements and continuously improves inspection methods for Receiving, In-process and Finished Goods
· Evaluates problems and quality trends to identify opportunities for improvement, make initial recommendations for possible corrective actions. Develop and document training plans if needed
· Work with Production Management and Quality Control to provide feedback to production regarding accuracy of production procedures
· Files correspondence for projects, coordinates several calendars, works to communicate, develop and coordinate Plant project schedules
· Develop tracking systems, report systems, create and maintain files for capital projects.
· Make routine decisions for product holding and verify correction and corrective action and document the incident accordingly.
· Conducts and documents facility inspections and completes follow-up on open items.
· Calibrate equipment used for inspections and report immediately if the device is malfunction.
· Will assist in supplier evaluation through data collection, auditing, and source inspection.
· Generates COA’s (customer specific) based on micro-testing results.
· Demonstrated ability to learn and understand Receiving core structure (inspection using various measuring devices, documentation of results, ability to follow the receiving inspection procedure).
· High level of attention to detail.
· Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel).
· The ability to perform repetitive tasks with a high level of accuracy.
· Able to work in a controlled clean environment
· Self-motivated and able to take direction to perform all necessary duties.
· Take samples when needed according to the receiving procedures
· Organize and update Raw Material receiving procedures/records
· Perform other special assignment from the management.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Prior experience in a Quality or Manufacturing environment required.
· Working knowledge of GMP, USDA, and BRC standards is desirable.
· Highly motivated with positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to operate a tablet to collect QA monitoring data
· Basic math skills necessary.
· Strong communication skills (English).
Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
Communicates with internal and external customers with tact and discretion. Applies broad knowledge of products and services when communicating with individuals outside the immediate work area/department.
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: HACCP Certification or ability to obtain HACCP Certification within 30day of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Requires full range of body motion to include: lifting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching outward and overhead, stopping, and squatting
· Regularly required to sit or stand, and move about the production floor
· Position requires frequent walking and/or standing on even concrete surface or on fatigue mats, which may at times be slippery due to marinates, water, and other liquids associated with the production process. May walk up to one (1) mile per work day while performing essential duties
· The ability to maintain one’s balance while performing the required work tasks is essential
· While in the production area Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as hair and beard nets, rubber soled shoes, smocks, rubber gloves and hearing protection is required
· Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
· May require unassisted lifting or a variety of objects from various positions, which range in weight from 5 to 60 pounds with an average weight of 34 to 37 pounds
· Utilizes a variety of hand positions that requires hand and finger dexterity, including the use of mouse and keyboard
· May be exposed to strong odors such as marinate from seasoned meats
· Since the facility operates around-the-clock, may often work late shifts and may be called at any hour to deal with emergencies. This could mean going to the plant to resolve the problem, regardless of the hour, and staying until the situation is under control
· The job is fast paced and the ability to deal with job demands and stress is essential. Will often be working under pressure of production deadlines or emergency situations
· Will work with a variety of personalities, and employee classification/positions both internally and externally, the ability to work cooperatively and get along with other is critical
Full time regular position that works Monday through Friday (when regular production is running), generally 8 hours per day, with some overtime required. Some travel may be required for conferences, workshops, and training.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The office environment is typically climate controlled of 68ºF to 72ºF and clean, with normal air contaminants, such as dust, typically found in an office environment
§ The indoor production environment is climate-controlled of -40ºF to 45ºF with regular exposure to prolonged noise
§ While in the production area, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include hair and beard nets, rubber soled shoes, smocks, and hearing protection and hard hats