Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Shift: 1st Shift
Department: Quality Assurance
Responsible for monitoring NSP’s Quality Assurance Program, maintaining Quality Standards and Quality Integrity for NSP. Ensuring that daily production operates within company and customer standards. Capable of making decisions based on standards provided by NSP QA Management.
- Basic Quality Assurance knowledge-experience working in a food manufacturing environment preferred but not required
- Basic math skills – able to accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Capable of working with percentages
- Understanding of basic regulatory functions
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English. Spanish a plus but not required
- Position requires frequent walking and/or standing on even concrete surface or on fatigue mats, which may at times be slippery due to marinates, water and other liquids associated with the production process. May walk up to one (1) mile per work day while performing essential duties.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal ranges.
- Utilizes a variety of hand positions that requires hand and finger dexterity, including
the use of mouse and keyboard.
- May require unassisted lifting of a variety of objects from various positions, which
range in weight from 5 to 50 pounds with an average weight of 34 to 37 pounds.
The job is fast paced and the ability to deal with job demands and stress is essential.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Prior QA experience preferred but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong working knowledge of Quality Systems including HACCP, SPC
GMP and SSOP
- Ability to maintain concentration while performing tasks over period of time.
- Ability to coordinate actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Know how to collect and identify essential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally with others.
- Knowledge of clerical procedures and systems such as filing and records maintenance and Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Ability to read, write and communicate in English, Bilingual; Spanish a plus, but not required.
Communicates with internal and external customers to resolve all issues or problems which require resourcefulness, tact and discretion. Applies broad
knowledge of products and services when communicating with individuals outside the immediate work area/department.
Works with significant deadlines that can result in a disruption to projects, service or products that impact operational cost and/or revenue.
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Full time regular position that works Monday through Friday, generally 8 hours per day, with minimal overtime. Travel is not required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The office environment is typically climate controlled of 68ºF to 72ºF and clean, with normal air contaminants, such as dust, typically found in an office environment
- The indoor production environment is climate-controlled of -40ºF to 45ºF with regular exposure to prolonged noise
- While in the production area, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include hair and beard nets, rubber soled shoes, smocks, and hearing protection and hard hats.