Job Title: Production Training Lead – 2nd Shift
Reports To: Assistant Production Manager
FLSA: Non-Exempt Hourly
Pay Rate: $17.00/hour plus shift premium
Assigned under the general supervision and management of the Assistant Production Manager, to perform training where appropriate both on and off the floor, provide performance support throughout, to ensure the administration of training programs are in adherence of policies and practices within the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be the liaison for new probationary employees for the onboarding process.
- Train new probationary employees where appropriate and/or work with supervisors to assign training of probationary employees.
- Follow up each day with new probationary employees during their training period
- Complete record of meeting with new probationary employees
- Perform evaluation of new probationary employees to ensure they understand their tasks, that they are proficient and understand the importance before they are released to perform said tasks.
- Complete form of evaluation
- Creates and maintains learning events and activities using Alchemy
- Assess training needs through Alchemy, surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with supervisors.
- Work with HR to resolve staffing concerns
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of training
- Knowledge of organizational planning, coordination, execution, including leadership techniques, resource allocation and staffing
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing employee services including needs assessment and employee satisfaction evaluation
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook with the ability to create training programs, presentations, etc.
- Working knowledge of Alchemy preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1-2 years’ experience related to staffing, or 1-2 years of training experience related in manufacturing; or combination of education and related experience in HR.
Ability to effectively read, write and communicate in English. Must be able to communicate effectively as indicated by the need of the audience. Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts, such as percentages, ratios, fractions and proportions.
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Perform physical activities that require moving one’s whole body, such as lifting, stooping, bending from waist, turning and twisting
- Must be able to shift back and forth between 2 or more activities
- Must possess enough visual abilities such as depth perception to position platform or other lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, or materials
Full time regular position works Monday through Friday with overtime possible. Travel is not required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is a combination of climate- controlled office environment and cold or hot moist environments depending on area of the plant.
- The office environment is typically climate controlled of 68ºF to 72ºF and clean, with normal air contaminants, such as dust, typically found in an office environment
- The indoor production environment is climate-controlled of -40ºF to 45ºF with regular exposure to prolonged noise
While in the production area, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include hair and beard nets, rubber soled shoes, smocks, and hearing protection and hard hats.