Job Title: Production Supervisor
Back up position: Production Lead
Department: All Production Departments
Reports To: Production Managers
Reviewed: April 2019
Assigned under the general supervision of the Production Managers to
oversee a specific aspect of the production operations. Work on special projects.
May have title as Fully Cooked Supervisor, Raw Side Supervisor, Shipping and Receiving Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enforce plant safety and USDA plant regulations
- Work on special projects as needed. Responsible for compliance of company, state and federal employment laws and practices
- Plans and does lay out work, assigns, instructs, directs, and assist employees as necessary in performance of their duties. Studies production schedules and estimates hourly worker requirements for completion of jobs
- Establishes and adjust production schedules to meet customer needs, and to maintain a good rotation of raw, marinated inventory
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product. Continuous training and development of all line employees, operators and leads
- Responsible for on time start ups and completion of schedule
- Responsible for accurate and timely timekeeping
- Assign all jobs for production workers
- Planning and tracking all repairs of all plant equipment
- Planning and tracking of work orders
- Training of production employees
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: More than three production workers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to maintain concentration while performing tasks over period of time
- Ability to coordinate actions in relation to others’ actions
- Know how to collect and identify essential information
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally with others
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel and Outlook
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or High School Equivalence Certificate preferred, but not required. 5 years previous experience in a manufacturing food production environment preferred.
Ability to read, write and communicate in English, and must be able to communicate effectively. Spanish is preferred but not required.
Communicates with internal and external customers to resolve all issues or problems which require resourcefulness, tact and discretion. Applies broad
knowledge of products and services when communicating with individuals outside the immediate work area/department.
Works with significant deadlines that can result in a disruption to projects, service or products that impact operational cost and/or revenue.
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: N/A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uses both hands to perform necessary tasks
- Must be able to crawl, squat, kneel, and bend from waist
- Must be able to distinguish colors to identify safety and warning signs
- Stands/walks on even concrete floors
- Able to lift 50-70lbs. unassisted
Full time regular position that works Monday through Friday, generally 8 hours per day. May be required to work some Sundays. Travel is not required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The office environment is typically climate controlled of 68ºF to 72ºF and clean, with normal air contaminants, such as dust, typically found in an office environment
- The indoor production environment is climate-controlled of -40ºF to 45ºF with regular exposure to prolonged noise
While in the production area, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include hair and beard nets, rubber soled shoes, smocks, hearing protection and hard hats.