Job Title: Production Lead – 1st Shift
Department: Raw Side and Fully Cooked
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Revised: $14.42/hr to $15.45/hr plus shift premium
Assigned under the general supervision of the Production Supervisor assist in overseeing the daily operations in the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Receive daily oral and written assignments from area supervisor and communicates information to workers in area
· Coordinate activities of workers within department and with other departments
· Ensure workers are following supervisor’s instructions
· Train new workers in department; monitor performance of existing workers
· As needed, fill in for positions within the department
· Required to read/write/communicate in English
· Must be able to operate all types of department equipment
· Perform other tasks as assigned to support operations
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to maintain concentration while performing tasks over period of time.
· Ability to coordinate actions in relation to others’ actions.
· Know how to collect and identify essential information.
· Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally with others.
· Demonstrated commitment to the GMP’s
· Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers
· Regular attendance at work and punctuality are essential job functions
· Ability to deal with stress and get along with co-workers and supervisors
· Ability to work in a safe manner, be considerate of other employees’ safety, and wears all personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
At least 1-year experience in manufacturing food production environment and food safety handling. Requires familiarity with NSP products and codes.
Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
Communicates with internal and external customers to resolve all issues or problems which require resourcefulness, tact and discretion. Applies broad
knowledge of products and services when communicating with individuals outside the immediate work area/department.
Must have basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: N/A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Required to stand at waist high table for up to three (3) hours before taking a break
· The ability to maintain one’s balance while performing the required work tasks is essential
· Walks/stands on even concrete surface, which may at times be slippery due to marinates, water, and other liquids associated with the production process
· The job is fast paced and the ability to deal with stress is essential
· Perform physical activities that require moving one’s whole body, such as lifting, stooping, bending from waist, turning and twisting
· Must be able to shift back and forth between 2 or more activities
· Must possess sufficient visual abilities such as depth perception to position platform or other lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, or materials
Full time regular position that works Monday through Friday, generally 8 hours per day, with minimal overtime. Travel is not required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The office environment is typically climate controlled of 68ºF to 72ºF and clean, with normal air contaminants, such as dust, typically found in an office environment
· The indoor production environment is climate-controlled of 40ºF to 45ºF with regular exposure to prolonged noise
· While in the production area, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include hair and beard nets, rubber soled shoes, smocks, hearing protection and hard hats.