Job Title: Process Technician – Corpus Christi, TX
Reports To: Sr Process Engineering
Be an active member of the NSP Team to improve processes throughout the plant and product lines
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Collect real-time production data
· Conduct time studies using direct observation and/or video
· Search the Internet for equipment and parts
· Observe and document processes
· Create standard work documents that capture best practices for production processes
· Assist with equipment/line installations or modifications
· Identify opportunities to remove non-value-added steps in processes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to solve problems
· Experience troubleshooting mechanical or electrical issues
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a high-paced, cold, team-oriented environment.
· Demonstrated discipline, attentiveness to detail, and the ability to work under limited supervision
· Demonstrated ability to function as a member of a cross-disciplinary team
· Capable of handling multiple assignments in a timely manner while meeting assigned deadlines
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School graduate or experience in a similar position
Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
Preferred bilingual (Spanish) but not mandatory.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: N/A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Uses both hands to perform necessary tasks
· Must be able to crawl, squat, kneel, and bend from the waist
· Must be able to distinguish colors to identify safety and warning signs
· Stands/walks on even concrete floors
· Able to lift 50-70lbs. unassisted
Full-time regular position that works Monday through Friday, generally 8 hours per day. May be required to work evenings and weekends. Travel is possible for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The office environment is typically climate-controlled of 68ºF to 72ºF and clean, with normal air contaminants, such as dust, typically found in an office environment
The indoor production environment is climate-controlled of -40ºF to 45ºF with regular exposure to prolonged noise
While in the production area, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include hair and beard nets, rubber soled shoes, smocks, hearing protection and hard hats.