Job Title: Portioner
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Assigned under the general supervision of the Gray Hat Group Leader to visually inspect individual pieces of meat against product specifications. Sorts pieces based on size.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to stand while performing job duties
- Responsible for producing steaks on the portioner machine using numeric values
- Required to use repetitive hand motions to weigh meat
- Responsible for the set-up of assigned portioner line and cleanup
- Prepare meat to run through machine
- Maintain cleanliness around machines and entire production line
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to maintain concentration while performing tasks over period of time.
- Ability to coordinate actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Know how to collect information and identify essential information.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or High School Equivalence Certificate.
Communicate with internal customers to resolve all issues or problems which require resourcefulness, tact and discretion. Applies broad
knowledge of products and services when communicating with individuals outside the immediate work area/department.
Work with significant deadlines that can result in a disruption to projects, service or products that impact operational cost and/or revenue.
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: N/A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a full range of body motion to include lifting, twisting, bending, reaching outward, pushing, and pulling
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Required to stand at waist high table for up to three (3) hours before taking a break
- The ability to maintain one’s balance while performing the required work tasks is essential
- Works at waist high counter with arms extended below shoulder level
- Walks/stands on even concrete surface, which may at times be slippery due to marinates, water, and other liquids associated with the production process
- Requires intensive hand/wrist movement to meet the NSP minimum required pounds per day (see above)
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- The job is fast paced and the ability to deal with stress is essential
- May be exposed to strong odors such as marinate from seasoned meat
- Full time regular position that works Monday through Friday, generally 8 hours per day, with minimal overtime. Travel is not required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The office environment is typically climate controlled of 68ºF to 72ºF and clean, with normal air contaminants, such as dust, typically found in an office environment
- The indoor production environment is climate-controlled of -40ºF to 45ºF with regular exposure to prolonged noise
- While in the production area, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include hair and beard nets, rubber soled shoes, smocks, hearing protection and hard hats.