Job Title: Plant Manager – Corpus Christi, TX
Reports To: General Manager
The Plant Manager reports directly to the General Manager and plans, directs and effectively oversees the day to day operations of the plant to achieve the desired production results, ensuring policies and procedures are followed. They provide effective leadership to subordinate supervisors in production, work closely with quality, warehousing, maintenance, engineering, sanitation and human resources, to insure company standards are met while improving efficiencies throughout the plant in all areas of the operation.
Essential job duties:
- Ensures all safety standards are being applied.
- Oversees start-up/set-up and organizes change-overs
- Coordinates all daily activities with supervisors.
- Ensures products are being ran correctly by delivering consistent superior product quality by enforcing quality standards; maintaining HACCP and GMP’s and costs as a top priority.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; and implementing changes.
- Assures product wholesomeness.
- Oversees supervisors in keeping materials available by monitoring and adjusting deliveries.
- Communicates with Production Supervisors, Master scheduler, Engineering, Quality, Maintenance, Sanitation, and Warehouse.
- Responsible for answering unfavorable variances with the plant.
- Responsible for communicating USDA concerns.
- Insures fair, equitable and respectful treatment of all employees.
- Takes care of employee issues and human resource issues.
- Schedules employees for company meetings (i.e. training, hearing tests, 401K sessions, etc.).
- Coordinates rework from freezer.
- Makes sure everyone is notified of schedule changes (production, maintenance, supply, and QC).
- Ensures standards are met for every product.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to maintain concentration while performing tasks over period of time
- Ability to coordinate actions in relation to others’ actions
- Know how to collect and identify essential information
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally with others
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel and Outlook
Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise hourly employees in the plant. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Four-year degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years in raw grinding processing plant
- Minimum of 3 years in a leadership or management roll
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Bilingual a plus.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to lift up to 50lbs.
Full time regular position that works Monday through Friday, generally 8 hours per day, with occasional overtime. Some travel may be required for training, conferences, customer visits, or food shows.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The office environment is typically climate controlled of 68ºF to 72ºF and clean, with normal air contaminants, such as dust, typically found in an office environment
- The indoor production environment is climate-controlled of -40ºF to 45ºF with regular exposure to prolonged noise
- While in the production area, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include hair and beard nets, rubber soled shoes, smocks, hearing protection and hard hats.