Job Title: Office Assistant & Order Clerk
Reports To: Office Manager
Revised: August 2020
This position provides general office support; with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies as well as additional clerical duties.
In addition, this position will be responsible for processing incoming orders for materials, merchandise, goods and services such. Duties include order and price confirmations, shipping dates, and delays; preparing contracts; and handling any complaints while ensuring all data is accurate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls
- Take and relay messages
- Greet persons entering facility
- Prepare invoices and shipping documents
- Schedule parcel pick-ups with shipping companies
- Prepare order reports for management
- Work with production, sales, shipping, warehouse, or common carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
- Process order and distribute receipt
- Monitor visitor access/logbook and maintain security awareness
- Ad Hoc requests
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Possess strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Knowledge of use of a wide variety of measuring instruments and experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, etc.
- Must be organized and maintain schedules and follow through on assignments.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED
Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English and Spanish
Position interacts with internal customers and minimal vendors.
Basic math skills – able to accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Capable of working with percentages
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems.
Ability to reason with employees and resolve issues.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: N/A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Full time regular position that works Monday through Friday and weekends as needed, generally 8 hours per day, with some overtime. Travel is between 0% and 10% this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.