Job Title: Office Administrator
Department: Office Administration
Reports To: V.P. Controller
Revised: December 2021
Supervises and coordinates all general accounting functions of the organization. Coordinates the timely and accurate reporting of financial statements and related reports. Additional responsibilities in payroll, benefits, security, and safety with support from our portfolio companies, National Steak Processors, LLC (“NSP”) and Auxano.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensure adherence to company and US GAAP accounting policies / principles.
· Matches invoices with purchases orders to insure proper approvals and inputs information into ERP system.
· Organizes and files check registers, check copies, with related backup, and other A/P related documents.
· Monitors daily cash requirements and availability and processes payments to suppliers.
· Timely and accurate monthly closings. Responsible for coordinating and the timely and quality completion of financial statements each month. Submit timely, complete and high-quality reporting to upper management.
· Maintain accurate monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, with timely processing of reconciling items.
· Maintain strong internal controls and implement fast improvements.
· Develop and sustain management reporting including asset aging, turns, account balance roll forwards, account analyses, etc.
· Motivate, lead, and develop staff to achieve department and business deadlines and goals.
· Assist in providing timely and quality documentation to external auditors and selected governmental requests and filings.
· Process weekly payroll, including updates to employee files, bonus/incentive pay, tracking vacation/sick pay, imputing exceptions, hourly employee validations, and benefit changes.
· Coordinate, tracks, and documents training needs for each department.
· Benefits Liaison; conduct benefit orientations, open enrollment, and answer benefit questions.
· Facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants including interviewing for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and requirements for openings.
· Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding and new hire orientation, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
· Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Approximately 1-2 persons
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to work well with others.
· Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally.
· Knowledge of use of a wide variety of measuring instruments and experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, etc.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or High School Equivalence Certificate. 1-2 years of previous experience in A/P and/or general bookkeeping in a computer environment.
Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to handle problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: MS Office Products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Experience with a fully integrated ERP/MRP software package and ADP a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May require unassisted lifting for a variety of objects from various positions which range up to 35 pounds. Weights above 50 pounds require assistance or medical device.
Full time regular position that works Monday through Friday, generally 8 hours per day, with some overtime. Travel is between 0% and 5% this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The office environment is typically climate controlled of 68ºF to 72ºF and clean, with normal air contaminants, such as dust, typically found in an office environment
The indoor production environment is climate-controlled of -40ºF to 45ºF with regular exposure to prolonged noise
While in the production area, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include hair and beard nets, rubber soled shoes, smocks, hearing protection and hard hats