MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR- 2nd shift
National Steak & Poultry has an open Maintenance Supervisor position available in the Owasso, Oklahoma.
Monitor department performance on a daily basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct training of employees in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Assist employees in diagnosing malfunctions in machine and equipment. Direct employees in dismantling, assembling and installing industrial machinery during plant repair, modification.
- Interpret company policies to employees and enforce safety regulations.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department and/or maintenance crews.
- Initiate and/or suggest plans to motivate employees to achieve company goals. Conduct training programs for department employees on specific equipment.
- Analyze, resolve and repair of equipment modification problems or assist employees in solving related problems.
- Interpret specifications, blue prints and job orders to employees. Establish or adjust work procedures to meet project and production schedules.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product. Confer with manager and supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments relative to maintenance projects.
- Supervises Maintenance Technicians
Education and Experience requirement
- Minimum: High School Diploma /GED
- Three years’ experience in maintenance, engineering or production management.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement detailed solutions to complex technical problems involving multiple technologies.
- Basic computer skills, working understanding of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to learn computerized maintenance management system.
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills.
- Strong team player
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- Supervisory experience
Technical Skills requirement
- Electrical and pneumatic experience on processing equipment. (JSO’S, BAGGER’S and Mulivac’s).
- Ability to communicate well in written and oral reports. Good phone skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to maintain concentration while performing tasks over period of time.
- Ability to coordinate actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Know how to collect and identify essential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally with others.
- Knowledge of all elements of electricity
- Knowledge of pipefitting and plumbing
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and repairs hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Knowledge of welding and cutting using Tig, Mig, Acetylene, Plasma
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and repairs on all plant equipment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uses both hands to perform necessary repairs and installations
- Must be able to crawl, squat, kneel, and bend from waist
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must be able to distinguish colors to safely identify electrical wiring
- Stands/walks on even concrete floors
- Able to lift 50-70lbs. unassisted
Full time regular position that works Monday through Friday, generally 9 hours per day, with frequent overtime. Travel is not required for this position.
****Relocation Assistance is provided with this position****
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works inside in temperature-controlled environment and outside in all weather conditions. May be exposed to high pitched electrical noise.