Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Hourly
Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor must be able locate and diagnose failures and complete complex repairs including troubleshooting of equipment and failure analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform PM’s and safety checks on Food Processing and packaging Equipment
- Must be able to troubleshoot mechanical systems
- Must be able to troubleshoot electrical problems on equipment to include Motors, motor control circuits and safety circuits.
- Ability to read schematics and use multimeter
- Ability to read pneumatic drawings and make necessary repairs
- Ability to read hydraulic drawings and make necessary repairs
- Ability to do general fabrication including cutting and welding
- Knowledge of plumbing and pipefitting such as threading and sweating pipes
- Ability to use small hand-held tools
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to maintain concentration while performing tasks over period of time.
- Ability to coordinate actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Know how to collect and identify essential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or High School Equivalence Certificate preferred, but not required. 2-4 years’ experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment preferred.
Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
Communicates with internal and external customers to resolve all issues or problems which require resourcefulness, tact and discretion. Applies
Knowledge of products and services when communicating with individuals outside the immediate work area/department.
Must be able to do basic math calculations using a working knowledge of both standard and metric measurements.
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: N/A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uses both hands to perform necessary repairs and installations
- Must be able to crawl, squat, kneel, and bend from waist
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must be able to distinguish colors to safely identify electrical wiring
- Stands/walks on even concrete floors
- Able to lift 50-70lbs. unassisted
Able to work assigned shift(s) with frequent overtime. Must be on call for 24/7 for emergencies. Travel not required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works inside in temperature-controlled environment and outside in all weather conditions.