Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic Level 1
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non Exempt Hourly
Revised: August 28, 2018
Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor performs non routine duties. Must be able locate and diagnose failures and do basic troubleshooting from detailed specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to use small hand held tools
- Electrical skills, able to read wiring diagrams, trouble-shoot electrical issues, change contractors, switches, etc
- Plumbing skills, able to braze copper piping, unclog drains, install PVC piping
- Mechanic skills, change and grease bearings, change motors, gearboxes, etc
- Welding and fabricating skills helpful
- Follow all safety and lock out tag out procedures
- On 24 hour call
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to maintain concentration while performing tasks over period of time.
- Ability to coordinate actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Know how to collect and identify essential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally with others.
- Knowledge of all elements of electricity
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and repairs hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and repairs on all plant equipment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or High School Equivalence Certificate preferred, but not required. 1-2 years’ experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment preferred.
Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
Communicates with internal and external customers to resolve all issues or problems which require resourcefulness, tact and discretion. Applies
Knowledge of products and services when communicating with individuals outside the immediate work area/department.
Must be able to do basic math calculations using a working knowledge of both standard and metric measurements.
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: N/A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uses both hands to perform necessary repairs and installations
- Must be able to crawl, squat, kneel, and bend from waist
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must be able to distinguish colors to safely identify electrical wiring
- Stands/walks on even concrete floors
- Able to lift 50-70lbs. unassisted
Able to work assigned shift(s) with frequent overtime. Must be on call for 24/7 emergencies. Travel not required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works inside in temperature controlled environment and outside in all weather conditions. May be exposed to high pitched electrical noise.