Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic – 2nd Shift
Back up: Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Hourly
Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor performs non routine duties. Must be able locate and diagnose failures and do basic repairs including troubleshooting of equipment and failure analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of fabrication including cutting, grinding, and welding
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Basic knowledge of electrical schematics and ability to use multimeter
- Ability to check fuses, incoming power and basic start to stop contactors
- Ability to check light switches, electrical outlets and replace all light bulbs used
- Ability to use small hand held tools
- Able to detect and repair bearings, gear boxes, sprockets, chains and oil leaks
- Knowledge of plumbing and pipefitting such as threading and sweating pipes
- Must be able to identify and repair problems on interlock and wire belts
- Must be able to sharpen blades and cutting equipment
- Must be able to troubleshoot mechanical systems
- Perform PM’s on Food Processing Equipment and safety checks on Production Equipment
- Performs set ups, tear downs and safety checks on production equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to maintain concentration while performing tasks over period of time.
- Ability to coordinate actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Know how to collect and identify essential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally with others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or High School Equivalence Certificate preferred, but not required. 1-2 years’ experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment preferred.
Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
Communicates with internal and external customers to resolve all issues or problems which require resourcefulness, tact and discretion. Applies knowledge of products and services when communicating with individuals outside the immediate work area/department.
Must be able to do basic math calculations using a working knowledge of both standard and metric measurements.
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: N/A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uses both hands to perform necessary repairs and installations
- Perform physical activities that require moving one’s whole body, such as lifting, stooping, crawl, squat, kneel, bending from waist, turning, and twisting
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must be able to distinguish colors to safely identify electrical wiring
- Walks/stands on even concrete surface, which may at times be slippery due to marinates, water, and other liquids associated with the production process.
- Able to lift 50-70lbs. unassisted
Able to work assigned shift(s) with frequent overtime. Must be on call for 24/7 for emergencies. Travel not required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The office environment is typically climate controlled of 68ºF to 72ºF and clean, with normal air contaminants, such as dust, typically found in an office environment.
- The indoor production environment is climate-controlled of 40ºF to 45ºF with regular exposure to prolonged noise.
- Work outside in all weather conditions.
- While in the production area, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include hair and beard nets, rubber soled shoes, smocks, hearing protection and hard hats.