Job Title: Maintenance Manager – Corpus Christi, TX
Reports To: Director of Maintenance
Assigned under the general supervision of the Director of Maintenance for maintaining, rebuilding and repairing a wide variety of production or processing machines and equipment including food processing equipment, packaging machinery and blast freezers in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment. Working closely with manufacturing units to maximize overall equipment effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage, direct, and supervise the maintenance department functions including preventative maintenance, quick response repair of operational equipment and plant engineering
• Train, monitor and evaluate maintenance employees. Schedules work assignments and ascertain maintenance personnel coverage during weekends
• Comply with USDA requirements on outside equipment storage, and maintain good housekeeping & sanitation in shop, yard, and refrigeration equipment areas.
• Involves responsibility for supervising employees with considerable variation in skills and pay, also employees with more complex skills.
• Day to day planning of departmental operations, developing methods, authorizing overtime and controlling costs.
• Must have strong management skills
• Must have strong experience with mechanical and electrical systems
• Must have ammonia refrigeration knowledge
• You will need a solid background in developing and implementing preventive maintenance programs, as well as having a background in process improvement programs
• This position requires 8-10 years solid experience in manufacturing plant maintenance
• At least 3 years supervisory experience as Maintenance Manager in a manufacturing operation
• Previous experience with the daily management of equipment preventative maintenance, strong analytical, problem solving, and mechanical and electrical troubleshooting, managerial, inter-personal, leadership and project management skills are a must.
• This position is responsible for supervising the maintenance team, production equipment repair, facilities upkeep, new projects, equipment installation, labor costs, repair costs and parts inventory.
• Ability to manage spare parts inventory
• Responsibilities include supervising/directing team members in maintenance functions to keep the production process running effectively and within established guidelines to meet customer expectations and continuously improve operations/systems.
• Managing plant technical resources and coordinating outside resources as needed with the approval of management to minimize waste and optimize returns.
• Sets up and maintains accurate reporting systems for all maintenance functions
• Minimizes equipment downtime by effectively troubleshooting production/facility equipment and documenting/maintaining accurate records with reasons for equipment failure.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Excel is specifically required
• Willing to take ownership and responsibility for failures as well as successes, and be mature, responsible, and dependable.
• English/Spanish speaking skills are a plus
• Competent knowledge of food processing plant equipment including troubleshooting mechanical/electrical, repairing/installing, welding/fabrication & boiler/refrigeration.
• Protects all proprietary information including but not limited to memoranda and other documents.
• Other duties as assigned
PSM Refrigeration Manager, exempt maintenance supervisors and non-exempt maintenance hourly employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to maintain concentration while performing tasks over period of time.
• Ability to coordinate actions in relation to others’ actions.
• Know how to collect and identify essential information.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally with others.
• Knowledge of all elements of electricity
• Knowledge of pipefitting and plumbing
• Knowledge of troubleshooting and repairs hydraulics and pneumatic equipment
• Knowledge of welding and cutting using Tig, Mig, Acetylene, Plasma
• Knowledge of troubleshooting and repairs on all plant equipment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or High School Equivalence Certificate preferred, but not required. 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment preferred.
Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
Communicates with internal and external customers to resolve all issues or problems which require resourcefulness, tact and discretion. Applies broad
knowledge of products and services when communicating with individuals outside the immediate work area/department.
Works with significant deadlines that can result in a disruption to projects, service or products that impact operational cost and/or revenue.
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: N/A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Uses both hands to perform necessary repairs and installations
• Must be able to crawl, squat, kneel, and bend from waist
• Must be able to work in confined spaces
• Must be able to distinguish colors to safely identify electrical wiring
• Stands/walks on even concrete floors
• Able to lift 50-70lbs. unassisted
Able to work assigned shift(s) work frequent overtime. Must be available for 24/7 emergencies Travel not required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works inside in temperature controlled environment and outside in all weather conditions. May be exposed to high pitched electrical noise.