Job Title: General Accountant
Reports To: Director of Accounting
Under the direction of the General Accounting Manager maintain customer accounts, sending invoices to customers and provide accounting support to the finance department. A wide range of accounting functions including monthly balance sheet reconciliations and timely completion of monthly financial statements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with customer service regarding credit limits and release of orders
- Apply cash received to customer accounts and resolve open account issues satisfactorily
- Review invoices, send to customers
- Review and distribute accounts receivable reports timely
- Resolve account balances and discuss with customers
- Input cash collections and control data in customer accounts
- Post entries in the General Ledger
- Ensure adherence to company and US GAAP accounting policies / principles.
- Timely and accurate monthly closings. Responsible for assisting to the timely and quality completion of financial statements each month. Submit timely, complete and high-quality reporting to upper management.
- Maintain accurate monthly balance sheet account reconciliations with timely processing of reconciling items.
- Assist in providing timely and quality documentation to external auditors and selected governmental requests and filings.
- Support Accounts Payable department
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to maintain concentration while performing tasks over period of time.
- Ability to work well with others inside and outside the department.
- Knowledge of computer cash application procedures
- Successfully perform duties and willingness to be self-directed
- Know how to collect and identify essential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally with others.
- Ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in financial management and Accounting.
- Knowledge of clerical procedures and systems such as filing and records maintenance and Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Must be 4 years of BACHELOR’s DEGREE in ACCOUNTING
- One to three years’ experience in general accounting
- Desired experience with ERP Accounting responsibility
- MS Excel proficiency (intermediate to advanced level).
Ability to read, write and communicate in English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Communicate with internal and external customers to resolve all issues or problems which require resourcefulness, tact and discretion. Applies broad knowledge of products and services when communicating with individuals outside the immediate work area/department.
Work with significant deadlines that can result in a disruption to projects, service or products that impact operational cost and/or revenue. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as balances due and amounts received
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: N/A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May require unassisted lifting for a variety of objects from various positions which range up to 35 pounds. Weights above 50 pounds require assistance or medical device.
Full time regular position that works Monday through Friday, generally 8 hours per day, with minimal overtime. Travel is not required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The office environment is typically climate controlled of 68ºF to 72ºF and clean, with normal air contaminants, such as dust, typically found in an office environment
- The indoor production environment is climate-controlled of -40ºF to 45ºF with regular exposure to prolonged noise
While in the production area, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include hair and beard nets, rubber soled shoes, smocks, hearing protection and hard hats.