Be an active member of the Engineering Team to identify, develop, and implement cost-reduction opportunities throughout the plant and product lines.
The engineering technician will provide support to engineers on projects. Support activities will include but not be limited to:
- Collect real-time production data
- Conduct time studies using direct observation and/or video.
- Search the Internet for equipment and parts
- Observe and document processes
- Create standard work documents that capture best practices for production processes.
- Create or modify AutoCad or SolidWorks drawings
- Assist with equipment/line installations or modifications
In addition, the engineering technician will provide non-project-related support, such as:
- Identify opportunities to remove non-value-added steps in processes.
- Use NAV and work alongside operations team to investigate yield trends or abnormalities
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
– High School graduate, Associates Degree in Electronics, Electromechanical, Mechatronic or related.
– Understand process-flow fundamentals
– Value-added-protein manufacturing or maintenance experience
– Windows Software Packages Proficiency
– Previous experience as a value-added-protein engineering technician.
– Problem Solving Methodologies
– LEAN Six Sigma
– Data analysis (JMP, Excel)
– AutoCad or SolidWorks experience
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
– Demonstrated discipline, attentiveness to detail and the ability to work under limited supervision.
– Demonstrated teamwork and influencing skills to ensure execution of a plan stays on track.
– Capable of handling multiple assignments in a timely manner while meeting assigned deadlines.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills