Job Title: Bagger Operator – 2nd Shift
Department: Fully Cooked
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Assigned under the general supervision of the Cook Room Supervisor to ensure bags of cooked product are sealed and date stamped according to specifications before they are boxed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employee must be able to independently operate and adjust programs in the Bagger Machine.
- Visually inspect for unsealed bags to assure there are no open bags that expose the product, having the risk of contamination.
- At least 2 times/hour must randomly check seal on bags by firmly grasping bag with both hands, and pulling to determine if seal is intact
- Must be able to read and write English
- Must ensure that proper film is used for each product, according to verbal and written instructions
- Calibrate and clean scale bucket by wiping it clean of product as needed
- Visually monitor weight of bags to ensure weights are within specification and adjust as needed using touch screen monitor
- Assure the proper dates and BEST BY stamps are on the bags and printed clearly.
- Must notify supervisor and/or maintenance of any deviation immediately, so corrective measures can be taken to resolve the problem.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to maintain concentration while performing tasks over period of
- Ability to coordinate actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally with others.
- Ability to follow instructions given by Supervisor
- Regular attendance at work and punctuality are essential job functions.
- Ability to work in a safe manner, be considerate of other employees’ safety, and wears all personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
On the job training is provided as needed.
Ability to read, write and communicate in English and Spanish is helpful, but not required
Communicate with internal customers to resolve all issues or problems which require resourcefulness, tact and discretion. Applies broad knowledge of products and services when communicating with individuals outside the immediate work area/department.
Work with significant deadlines that can result in a disruption to projects, service or products that impact operational cost and/or revenue.
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: N/A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to use both hands to grasp and pull bags
- Must be able to lift a roll of film weighing ~65-70 lbs unassisted from floor level to waist high and carry it approximately 50 feet to bagger machine
- Must have visual acuity to distinguish lettering and numbering on bags on moving conveyor
- Walks/stands on concrete floor which at times may be slippery
- Must be able to work 2.5 to 3 hours at a time before getting a 30-minute break
- May be exposed to strong odors from marinates
- Must wear approved PPE, such as but not limited to, slip resistant footwear and hearing protection
Full time regular position that works Monday through Friday, generally 8 hours per day, with minimal overtime. Travel is not required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The office environment is typically climate controlled of 68ºF to 72ºF and clean, with normal air contaminants, such as dust, typically found in an office environment
- The indoor production environment is climate-controlled of 40ºF to 45ºF with regular exposure to prolonged noise
- While in the production area, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include hair and beard nets, rubber soled shoes, smocks, hearing protection and hard hats.