Job Title: Accounting Clerk (Part-Time)
Reports To: VP of Finance
Hours: 9:00am-2:00pm with 30-minute lunch
Pay Rate: $18.00/hr Non-Exempt
Plant Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Assigned under the general supervision of the VP of Finance is responsible for conducting the transactions to process invoices for payment and provide accounting support to the finance department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Data entry of approved AR receipts
· Submit claims for short payments and/or lost product
· Submit sales invoices and BOL’s to customers for payment processing
· Data entry of approved AP invoices
· Update costing sheets for AP invoices
· Verification of STCS invoices to inventory/receipts & update tracking sheet with charges
· File AP invoices
· Pull and process approved AP invoices for CD
· Weekly reconciliation of perpetual protein to STCS inventory
· Input orders into computer system & disburse customer orders
· Produce product release for customer orders from STCS
· Generate BOL’s for product shipping from plant
· Request freight quotes from Carriers
· Book trucks once loads approved to ship
· Manage delivery & pick up appointments with Carriers
· Coordinate delivery & pick up appointments with Customers
· Sort and stuff checks for mailing
· Review of daily timecards, attendance, and hours report
· Enter time off request in time keeping system
· Pick up and sort mail – 3 x per week
· Federal Express labels and tracking
· Support accounting department and team to include office work along with phones
· Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to maintain concentration while performing tasks over period of time.
· Ability to work well with others.
· Ability to collect information and identify what is essential information.
· Ability to communicate effectively in writing inside and outside of the organization with others.
· Ability to use basic mathematics.
· Basic knowledge on accounting principles and practices.
· Knowledge of policies and practices involved in financial management.
· Basic knowledge on Microsoft Word, Excel spreadsheets and filing and records maintenance
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or High School Equivalence Certificate
Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
Communicate with internal and external customers to resolve all issues or problems which require resourcefulness, tact and discretion. Applies broad knowledge of products and services when communicating with individuals outside the immediate work area/department.
Responsible for expediting receipt of purchased materials equipment or services involving the possibility of financial loss through errors. Works with significant deadlines that can result in a disruption to projects, service or products that impact operational cost and/or revenue.
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve problems.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: N/A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May require
unassisted lifting for a variety of objects from various positions which range up to 35 pounds. Weights above 50 pounds require assistance or medical device.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The office environment is typically climate controlled of 68ºF to 72ºF and clean, with normal air contaminants, such as dust, typically found in an office environment
· The indoor production environment is climate-controlled of 40ºF to 45ºF with regular exposure to prolonged noise
· While in the production area, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include hair and beard nets, rubber soled shoes, smocks, hearing protection and hard hats.